PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Egret... breeding plumage and color

Joseph Przybyla
06-05-2019, 10:47 AM
Another image from the rookery at Gatorland earlier this year. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 350mm
1/2500 F/11 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 2000 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reductioin
Cropped slightly for composition and presentation

Mike Poole
06-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Nice Joe, not sure you needed that much shutter speed and ISO though. Another little bit of sharpening around the eye and lores might help

Mike

John Mack
06-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Now those are some feathers. Like the composition. The soft light brings out the details nicely. Breeding plumage is a plus.

gail bisson
06-05-2019, 05:31 PM
I see a lot of noise in RUC and that annoying posterization that comes with these green BG.
I love the pose.
I like your crop but would love to see a bit more on the bottom.
Gail

dankearl
06-05-2019, 11:18 PM
Eye is nice and exposure looks good but there is some PP issues with noise and posterization.

Joseph Przybyla
06-06-2019, 02:23 PM
I see a lot of noise in RUC and that annoying posterization that comes with these green BG.
I love the pose.
I like your crop but would love to see a bit more on the bottom.
Gail

Hi GAil, thank you for viewing and commenting. The stuff you are seeing in the JPEG is not in/on the masterfile and TIFF. I think it is maybe compression to the small file size and the problem with posterization of green backgrounds here. I couldn't go lower the bird was on a railing at Gatorland and I was angling for a reasonable clean background. Thanks again for viewing.