PDA

View Full Version : Northern Parula

gail bisson
06-03-2019, 10:44 AM
Not a set-up and no call used. Was able to drive up to this guy as he flitted from perch to perch and stopped to sing directly beside my window. Sometimes, you get lucky!
Canon 1 DX
100-400mm II with 1.4 x III
ISO 2000 F 8.0 SS 1/800
PP: moderate crop to square 2800 px x 2800 px
NR to BG with Neat Image,levels, DE/TC at 20% opacity. Cloned out small branch LLC
Comments and critiques always learned from and appreciated with thanks,
Gail

Bob Smith
06-03-2019, 01:06 PM
Not a set-up and no call used. Was able to drive up to this guy as he flitted from perch to perch and stopped to sing directly beside my window. Sometimes, you get lucky!
Canon 1 DX
100-400mm II with 1.4 x III
ISO 2000 F 8.0 SS 1/800
PP: moderate crop to square 2800 px x 2800 px
NR to BG with Neat Image,levels, DE/TC at 20% opacity. Cloned out small branch LLC
Comments and critiques always learned from and appreciated with thanks,
Gail

The focused green leaves make a lovely perch for such a colourful bird Gail. You've caught this fellow at full throat so nicely that I wish we could hear the song. You've got nice fine feather filament focus on the whole bird and I like the nice sheen of light across the upper half of the eye. A very lovely and colourful image.

<object type="application/x-KPMPlugin" id="kpm_plugin"></object>
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/7d03b7a3/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/7d03b7a3/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

dankearl
06-03-2019, 01:09 PM
Excellent...calling pose is very good.
Yellows maybe a tad hot?
I like the red in the BG.

David Roach
06-03-2019, 03:05 PM
From your car... Seriously... Not setup... If you did have a setup with a trained warbler and your own hand picked perch in front of a soft, subtle ,multi-hued BG, you could not do much better... Beautiful pose and just the right detail and color for me. TFS

ps
You must be living right...

William Dickson
06-03-2019, 03:18 PM
All looks real good here Gail...Love the bird, perch and BG. Couldn't ask for a better pose. Nice crop as well.

Will

annmpacheco
06-03-2019, 03:20 PM
I like this Gail, so cheerful and deep gorgeous colors, great perch, calling pose and sharp! It sounded as easy as driving thru the drive thru! Go get some more!

John Mack
06-03-2019, 03:36 PM
Great singing pose on the bird and also love that perch. Details look nice. Great background. You sure did get lucky.

Tim Foltz
06-03-2019, 10:32 PM
Beautiful shot Gail, the square crop works well here, terrific colors, pose and details. Super.

-Tim

arash_hazeghi
06-04-2019, 12:53 AM
looks nice Gail, I like everything my only wish was that the bird was a tiny bit lower compared to your lens and in a perfect world we would see the feet better too. I am not a fan of square crops. I like vertical better

TFS

Daniel Cadieux
06-04-2019, 04:49 AM
He's a cute little warbler, and getting it in full song is always fun. Good BG and perch.

Moe Richard
06-04-2019, 12:10 PM
Excellent in every way. While I think this is a fine crop, I am also generally not a fan of square crops accepted rare cases. But rather than a vertical crop I would actually consider horizontal crop showing off more that beautiful background.

Paul Burdett
06-04-2019, 08:49 PM
Hi Gail. A stunning image! Love the composition, colours, details, perch and that open beak! I'm ok with the square crop here.

Mike Poole
06-05-2019, 10:32 AM
Beautiful colours Gail with and the calling pose is exquisite. Square crop works fine here, although I could also see a vertical - either way it works for me

Mike

Bill Dix
06-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Classic singing pose from one of the prettiest warblers. Fine image in every way. Sometimes a bit of luck helps, but being prepared to take advantage of the situation is what really counts.

Jesse Helton
06-12-2019, 02:02 PM
I really like your image. The perch, background, and bird all look good and go together well. I have a hard time finding these guys without a busy background. The composition and technical aspects of the picture look good as well. Great behavioral shot. It looks like it ought to be in a filed guide.