PDA

View Full Version : Scratch, Scratch, Scratch...

Joseph Przybyla
06-02-2019, 06:40 AM
This one's from early yesterday morning at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. He looks a little old and worn like me. I wish I could have gotten a little lower, I had the foot of the monopod at the waters edge and was standing on the steep stony banking leading to the water. I didn't want to sit down because the alligators at quite active now, very territorial, breeding season. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 450 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processing in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction, work on background at top with Graduated Filter in Lightroom to darken to match the bottom
Cropped slightly for composition and presentation

David Roach
06-02-2019, 07:12 AM
That is a serious case of dandruff... Great detail and love that look. It looks a skosh too bright and wish for more room(with the action it seems tight)... A fantastic intimate view as always with you behind the camera. TFS

John Mack
06-02-2019, 09:35 AM
Looks like he's getting in there pretty good. Like the scratching pose and the hair do. Nice detail on the bird as well.

Arthur Morris
06-02-2019, 12:18 PM
You did a good job of cutting not clipping. You migh wish to do some work on the LLC.

with love, artie

Moe Richard
06-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Excellent color, light, and detail. I am enjoying the pose. I agree the left lower corner could be smoothed out a bit as it is somewhat distracting.

Bob Smith
06-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Nice when one let's you get in so tight Joe----usually in my experience it's the mature birds that do so. You've got a fine display of the top crown flaring up and open and lots of nice fine detail in the neck and face. The wrinkly knees and casual acceptance of your presence speak to old age in this fellow. The geometry (composition ? )of this image really gives it impact.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/579529cb/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/579529cb/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Joseph Przybyla
06-04-2019, 09:38 AM
You did a good job of cutting not clipping. You migh wish to do some work on the LLC.

with love, artie

I can do that. Thanks for viewing and commenting, Artie.

Joseph Przybyla
06-04-2019, 09:38 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.