PDA

View Full Version : Caught in the Act

Stan Hoyt
01-09-2008, 12:42 PM
D70 500/4 + 2x 1000mm f8 1/60 iso 400 July 7, 8:17 am

Nothing like fresh spinach from an Iowa garden!

Glenn Wheeler
01-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Lovely image! Great composition and depth of field. The only possible nit I would have is the out of focus spinach in the lower right corner. And I can't really decide if that is a nit or not I also realize that with that focal length there isn't much else you could have done, unless this little guy is pretty habituated to you.

Love the low angle of view. I preach "Belly-Time" to my students a lot. I am usually referring to macro type stuff, but this is another great example of it working with wildlife.

The only other suggestion I might offer would be to selectively sharpen the eye just a little more. BUT, it is a great image!

Nice work, keep 'em coming!

Glenn
http://www.glennwheeler.com
http://www.photoroadtrips.com

soleynicola
01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
love the low angle, eye level focus on the Hare/Rabbit. and depth of field.
he/she is so caught in the act..
a delight to view.. actually dont mind the spinach leaves right hand corner out of focus ..
composed beautifully.. !

N

Jasper Doest
01-10-2008, 04:47 AM
Personally I am not a big fan of tight portraits...but you created a way that really works...a very nicely balanced composition together with the low angle. The only thing that bothers me is the greencast, which is easily fixed though.

Stan Hoyt
01-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the helpful comments. I tried to warm up the colors a little and must have introduced the green cast then. I was sitting when I took this but the long focal length makes it look lower.

D. Robert Franz
01-10-2008, 08:58 AM
At first glance I wasn't sure about the rabbit bursting into the frame on a strong diagonal, really captures your attention. It's balanced a bit by diagonal lines in the vegetation. Lovely colors and a nice BG complement the bunny. Well done....

Ivan Miksik
01-10-2008, 04:05 PM
It's really lovely image - low angle of view, DOF and composition is great!

John Cooper
01-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Well seen and photographed Stan. Love the composition that you have created here and just love those greens. Cheeky critter!!