PDA

View Full Version : Crossing the Madison

Roman Kurywczak
06-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Taken a few years back on film while I was in Yellowstone. I've tried to duplicate this image over my last 4 trips there but with the elk a bit larger/centered in the river..........with no success. First light as he was crossing the river. No other info other than E100VS film.
As always comments and critiques welcomed.
PS Not sure if it belonged here as the elk isn't large in the frame.

Todd Frost
06-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Love the light and colors. Elk not being large doesn't bother me as I like a bit more of the environment than most here (I get busted for not cropping tight enough here). Just personal taste I guess. Like it as is.

Todd

Roman Kurywczak
06-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Love the light and colors. Elk not being large doesn't bother me as I like a bit more of the environment than most here (I get busted for not cropping tight enough here). Just personal taste I guess. Like it as is.

Todd
Hey Todd,
Usualy I'm the crop guy! Too funny..........glad you were the first to reply!

D. Robert Franz
06-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Love the mood of this image... Wish the elk wasn't quite as centered I find myself looking at the dead log... Still a very nice image for sure...

Paul Marcellini
06-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Man, great mood here Roman. Not sure what to do here, as the dead tree also attracts my eye. Cropping it removes the best part of the background though. Not a deal breaker by any means.

Vincent Grafhorst
07-01-2008, 05:58 AM
A lovely moody image Roman, the great colors add to that as well. I must agree that the placement of the dead tree is a bit distracting. If the tree and the elk would swop places this would have been 100% perfect. Still very nice as is!

Grady Weed
07-01-2008, 11:50 AM
I think Vincent hit the nail on the head here. Personally Roman, use it as tool to help you and others to remember what not to do and to look for in a photo. I love the color, the thought behind the scene and the elk as is. Just wish the swap as Vincent stated. Still, if you like it, keep it!

Sabyasachi Patra
07-02-2008, 12:13 AM
I love the colours. The dead tree attracts too much of attention. Would have been better without that. I would have tried to explore the positioning of the Elk.