PDA

View Full Version : Sedge warbler (Acrocephalus schoenobaenu)

Jonathan Ashton
05-30-2019, 11:03 AM
Hand held, taken at a local bird reserve.
Image input equipment model : E-M1X
Lens Model : M.300mm F4.0 + MC-14
Lens focal length : 420 mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Photographic Sensitivity : 1250
Exposure bias : 0 EV
Exposure time : 1/1600 sec
F number : F5.6

ACR + PSCC

David Roach
05-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Love this beauty in classic environment. Working wide open really helped and the pose is cool (who flew by?). Having fun with that new toy, I see. TFS

Moe Richard
05-30-2019, 02:02 PM
Superb pose, perch, and background. I like the detail levels. Excellent environmental image.

Ivan Sjogren
05-30-2019, 03:04 PM
Very hard to get interesting shots of this species as they always stay hidden in the reeds and look quite dull in simple portraits. You did very well here!
The green vegetation on the left is beautiful! Exposure and the pose is nice. I would crop away the reed on the right edge and apply some more NR to the background.

Bob Smith
05-30-2019, 03:44 PM
Hand held, taken at a local bird reserve.
Image input equipment model : E-M1X
Lens Model : M.300mm F4.0 + MC-14
Lens focal length : 420 mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
Photographic Sensitivity : 1250
Exposure bias : 0 EV
Exposure time : 1/1600 sec
F number : F5.6

ACR + PSCC
Well done catching this little fellow down deep in the weeds but still with a relatively clean BG directly behind him Jon. I like the look of the feathers--almost like cat fur. I also like that you have that one leaf in focus in the bottom left corner--a nice peak at the texture of his environment.<object type="application/x-KPMPlugin" id="kpm_plugin"></object>
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

John Mack
05-30-2019, 06:54 PM
Pretty busy but warblers usually hang out in pretty dense areas. Like the the bird is looking up. Looked up your new rig that camera looks like a tank. Most mirror cameras i have seen are quite small. Not that one.

Dorian Anderson
05-30-2019, 07:21 PM
A bird we don't see often, one I imagine it is very difficult to get in the open. This whole scene is a bit busy for me, and the disinterested head turn is a bummer as well. But the the bird is well exposed and the habitat looks really natural, so this is still a nice effort.