PDA

View Full Version : incoming bald eagle

Bob Smith
05-27-2019, 04:12 PM
Returning from an evening dyke walk last night when this fellow decide to perch above me. I saw him coming in plenty of time to get the full incoming and landing sequence. There was another lombardy poplar right beside this one that had a nest in it but sadly it got blown down in a big windstorm last January. I don't know if this is one of the residents of that nest but if so it's the male because the female was banded. It sure is fun shooting a landing sequence ( of which this part ) with the 1DxII. Canon 1DxII, Sigma 150-600, f5-6.3 OS Contemp., ISO 3200,f/6.3, 1/4000,HH.181591<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

John Mack
05-27-2019, 04:39 PM
Nice landing pose on the eagle. Like those outstreched talons. Wish for a cleaner view of the perch.

William Dickson
05-27-2019, 05:00 PM
I like this Bob...Yes the BG is a little too much OOF, but, at that SS you captured the bird real good. Really nice flight pose, facial expression is priceless, good detail for the ISO...Well done

Will

Daniel Cadieux
05-28-2019, 05:58 AM
I'll admit that the oof stuff at right is a bit much for me, but I love the intensity of the eagle's stare, its' outstretched talons and overall pose.

arash_hazeghi
05-28-2019, 11:42 PM
pretty cool intense landing with the talons. the FG brushes blocking the landing perch was a bummer. the leaves are very noisy, they can use some NR as well, the bird looks sharp and clean well done

TFS

Bob Smith
05-30-2019, 12:04 PM
Thanks to you all for your input on this image and apologies for delay in responding---I've been overwhelmed the last few days with a yard reconstruction project. I'll try another thread next week with another shot from the series cloning out some of the offending perch tree.<object type="application/x-KPMPlugin" id="kpm_plugin"></object>
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>