PDA

View Full Version : Theme: ruffled great blue heron

Bob Smith
05-26-2019, 02:46 PM
I stood roadside with this fellow in the viewer waiting and hoping he'd give me what I call a feather pop. Just as my arms were about to give out ( I know, don't be so lazy...get your tripod out ) this happened. Canon 5DIV, EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6 IS II 1.4x III, ISO 1600,f/8, 1/800,HH. PP in LR, 40-50% crop
.181562<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><object type="application/x-KPMPlugin" id="kpm_plugin"></object>
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Daniel Cadieux
05-27-2019, 06:32 AM
GBHs are one of those species that offer unlimited amount of fun poses eh! Nice fluffed up feather action going on. Sharp, well exposed. I do wish for a better head/body angle. Also a bit of CCW rotation needed. What type of effect (if any) did you use on the prcessing? I say this as most of the vegetation has a look to it that I am not used to seeing.

Arthur Morris
05-27-2019, 07:57 AM
Yuppers, you needed to move well to your left to parallel the subject ... Beofre it ruffled :)

with love, artie

Bob Smith
05-27-2019, 12:33 PM
181581Thanks guys and I see what you mean on the greens Daniel, when I go back to the original exposure, where they were darker. It was just an HSL adjustment of green to the left and this repost has it as shot. The comments re: head/body rotation of both you and Arthur took me by surprise as I thought this was a pretty good angle. I get it now, especially when I see the foot position....such careful consideration of details is something I need to work on so thanks to both again for your help.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><object type="application/x-KPMPlugin" id="kpm_plugin"></object><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Bob Smith
05-27-2019, 12:45 PM
Yuppers, you needed to move well to your left to parallel the subject ... Beofre it ruffled :)

with love, artie

Thanks guys and I see what you mean on the greens Daniel, when I go back to the original exposure, where they were darker. It was just an HSL adjustment of green to the left and this repost has it as shot. The comments re: head/body rotation of both you and Arthur took me by surprise as I thought this was a pretty good angle. I get it now, especially when I see the foot position....such careful consideration of details is something I need to work on so thanks to both again for your help.181583
<object type="application/x-KPMPlugin" id="kpm_plugin"></object>
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

William Dickson
05-27-2019, 03:29 PM
I like your repost Bob Pane 5...Love the pose and detail. Looking at the BG/FG I'm wondering if it needs some CCW rotation. Maybe just the angle from the camera..

Will