PDA

View Full Version : south arm Fraser R. sunset night flight

Bob Smith
05-22-2019, 08:31 PM
I've been hunting and exploring the marshes between the south arm and the main arm of the Fraser R. delta in SW British Columbia for 55 yrs.. I never tire of the sunsets, which range in colour from orange to pink to moody blue. In this shot a big flight of snow geese (look just below the pulp mill smoke plume on the other side of the Gulf of Georgia) is making it's way across the mouth of the south arm to offshore tidal flats being exposed by the dropping tide. Nikon D50, Nikon 70-300 f/4-5.6, ISO 200, f/5,1/400,HH181507<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c3d60d9a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Don Railton
05-29-2019, 05:59 AM
Hi Bob.. lovely mood here. I like the layers in the distant hills. For improvement it should be level IMHO and I would crop off the top and bottom at least 50 percent of the blue cloud and FG.

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-12-2019, 07:55 AM
Colors look nice. Leveling the image would definitely help.

TFS

Bob Smith
07-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the input fellows. I do rather like the way the blue at top and bottom frames the sunset but I'll definitely make it level and be more alive to that in future images.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ee3d5ef2/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>