PDA

View Full Version : Female Tennessee Warbler?

Jack Backs
05-12-2019, 03:59 PM
I was pursuing a male Common Yellowthroat in a brush pile when this bird flew in. I didn't get a good look at it before
it flew off. I presumed it was a female Common Yellowthroat. After getting a better look when processing, I believe it's
a female Tennessee Warbler. Correct me if I'm wrong. Removed a couple of OOF branches. Straight size reduction.
Nikon D500/500mmF4VRII/TC-14EIII
f6.3, 1/1000s, iso800

David Roach
05-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Not an expert but I would say you got the correct ID. The details and colors are spot on. The BG really sets her off. Only wish for more room all around. TFS

Jack Backs
05-12-2019, 04:26 PM
There's no more room in front of the bird on the raw file. I'd have to make up real estate. Didn't get to recompose before the bird took off.

David Roach
05-12-2019, 04:33 PM
There's no more room in front of the bird on the raw file. I'd have to make up real estate. Didn't get to recompose before the bird took off.

I hear you Jack. This one could be an excellent plate in a birding guide. Can you spare some of your obvious patience and perseverance. Didn't mention the obvious but the light is also killer in this one.

Bill Dix
05-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Great detail, BG. I probably would have written this off as a female Yellowthroat without bothering to look carefully; but I believe your ID is correct. Well done. Would be easy to add some canvas on the left if you were so inclined.

Geoffrey Montagu
05-13-2019, 11:18 AM
Very nicely done, Jack. Outstanding detail, light, and background.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

John Mack
05-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Your killing it with these warbler frames. Nice pose with great detail and a killer background as well.

Daniel Cadieux
05-14-2019, 06:19 AM
Tennessee is what I'd with as well. Beautiful profile pose. Details look excellent, but seem to be sharper on the shoulder than the face? Perhaps a touch more sharpening there (face) would help for web presentation.