PDA

View Full Version : We are Waiting.....

Nonda Surratt
06-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Black Vultures at Dennison U. from last summer. Cropped, got rid of V poop, enhanced (tried) feather detail and sharpened.

30D, 300F2.8+2xtc@f8 ISO 400, 1/400

Sharna Lee
06-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Nonda,
Just as white is hard to photograph so is black. Getting any detail is hard. You did a great job of doing so here, especially against that white bg.

Sharna

Alfred Forns
06-30-2008, 09:50 AM
..... got rid of poop ..... removing ambiance ...... why would you want to do that !!!!!

I like the poses very much, ended up with five good head positions. Have detail in the feathers would like a little more at head area, fill flash would have helped here. Do like that you went with a high key image, about the only way to be successful Excellent !!!!

Nonda Surratt
06-30-2008, 10:02 AM
I sometimes cave to hubby's wishes, the poop:)

The white BG is the only way it could turn out. It was the first time I've ever gotten anything dark with any detail with the sun angle the way it was.

Thanks a bunch!

I promise, Alfred, my next purchase will be a flash

Gail Spitler
06-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Very dramatic image even without poop

Gail

Julie Kenward
06-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Nonda, I don't think you could have posed those birds any better than what you managed to capture right here. Great composition and DOF. Since you got that white BG, why not convert the whole thing to B&W and post a copy in OOTB forum? Might be interesting to see what it looks like...

Alfred Forns
06-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Nonda do you remember the exposure comp? Just looking might have been +2 or just over !!!

..... I figured you would have gone for a b&w Jules !!!!

Nonda Surratt
06-30-2008, 01:42 PM
It was captured manual mode so no I don't remember, but it had to be cranked since the shutter is only 1/400 and there was quite a gob of bright sky,although hazy, in the original. Can pop the RAW on over to you if you want to take a look

Dear Jules, I have no clue how to do a B&W image:o

Lance Peters
06-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Good one Nonda - Love the high key - good head angles on all 5 - amazing.

Desmond Chan
06-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Dear Jules, I have no clue how to do a B&W image:o

The pic as posted is pretty close to monotune. I would guess turning it into black and white wouldn't make a whole lot of difference to what is being conveyed here.

There're different ways to convert a color photo into black & white. The simplest way is just to de-saturate all colors. A slightly better way is to use the light channel in LAB. More complex way would be channel mixer, for example. Now CS3 has its own B&W adjustment layer. They are all just for you to start to make a good b&w conversion.

Gus Cobos
06-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi Nonda,
I do like this high key image. It looks like the gang from the grave yard...:eek::p:D The colors and details on the blacks are dead on...:D congrats...:cool:

Harold Davis
06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
i stared at this image for a few minutes and the first thing that came to mind is POLITICIANS!! a bunch of old codgers standing around pooping and getting nothing accomplished!! also reminds me of the dogs playing cards.

i guess you could say this one has a lot of merit!! nice job!!

Nonda Surratt
06-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Mr H busted out laughing..So true so true;)

Thanks folks did the deed and it is now a B&W over in the other forum where stuff like that goes.

Oscar Zangroniz
06-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Like your image as presented. Excellent composition and as Sharna says your blacks are very detailed.
Congrats,

Katie Rupp
07-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Nonda, this Wonderful! Great detail and the pose is just too much. Politicians/dogs playing cards---thanks, Harold, LOL!