PDA

View Full Version : Looking for big red... Along comes little blue...

David Roach
05-08-2019, 04:36 PM
EOS R EF 400DO I 2xtc II f11 1/4000 ISO 2500

Should have gone for ISO 1600 just as sun came over the mangroves.

Tim Foltz
05-08-2019, 05:08 PM
David, nice looking light, details are there, wish the HA was slightly better but it's still ok. I don't know why the f/11 and such high shutter speed and ISO,
you could have dropped these down and you would have been fine.

-Tim

David Roach
05-08-2019, 05:41 PM
David, nice looking light, details are there, wish the HA was slightly better but it's still ok. I don't know why the f/11 and such high shutter speed and ISO,
you could have dropped these down and you would have been fine.

-Tim

I hear you Tim and thanks for suggestions. I mentioned in the post the sun just came over the mangroves and I should have switched to ISO 1600. Opening up on this old glass combo can be problematic though. The old glass with old TC were famous for needing one full stop to get it tack sharp. In fact I learned this over 10 years ago in this forum when my images were always almost there but not quite when using the TCs (1.4 or 2x). One of the pros said go to a full stop and you'll be fine. This was greatly improved with the newer TCs vs. III and lenses vs. II. Thanks again for looking and for the valued critiques.
Peace,
David

Bill Dix
05-09-2019, 08:30 AM
Great pose, light and BG. HA noted.

John Mack
05-09-2019, 04:24 PM
I'd take this over big red any day. Nice angle with nice light. Like the raised foot. The relatively still water is pretty neat.