PDA

View Full Version : Funny road sign from Australia

gail bisson
05-06-2019, 06:16 AM
Your smile for the day!
As we drove up to Cape Tribulation, Northern Queensland, Australia, we spotted this funny "altered" road side by this speedbump.
I had to stop the car and take a photo.
We never did see a cassowary in the wild.

greg cowle
05-07-2019, 02:47 AM
I pass this sign on average once a week, it still always makes me smile! Too bad you didn't see big bird, I always drive through the crossing areas slowly, they are probably the easiest places to catch a sighting, although you still have to be lucky. At the next creek crossing past the signs I saw this one in March.

gail bisson
05-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Lucky you! We looked nd searched but did not see one except at the zoo. I did see a buff breated paradise kingfisher though! he was at eye level and stayed for about 1 minute. I did not have my gear with me as i was on the way to the toilets. aaargh....

David Salem
05-08-2019, 01:55 PM
That's great!! How can you pass up a sign like this without taking a picture. We were on a guided tour through the Daintree. Nobody had seen a Cassowary for days the driver said then within a few seconds a male runs out in front of us with two chicks!!! How lucky we were!! Glad you saw those KFrs. See ya soon

gail bisson
05-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Great minds think alike and share the same humour! You had a much better weather day! Jealous you saw a cassowary there!