PDA

View Full Version : Mom's duty done...

David Roach
05-05-2019, 03:24 PM
EOS R EF 400DO I 2xtc II f11 1/1000 ISO 1600

Of the three best GBH nests with decent light angles and distance, this mom with two chicks has seen it through to the successful end. On this day she would land just off the nest and stand with her head high away from the chicks. She did this a few times on this evening. The chicks stand at the edge of the nest flapping their wings and begging with no result. The next day, they had flown free as functional fledglings. Congrats mom...

gail bisson
05-06-2019, 06:33 AM
Very nice light and I like the curve of the neck and the HA.
A very pleasing portrait and no nits from me,
Gail

annmpacheco
05-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Hi David, nice headshot of Mom, I like the angle and the open beak. Well done

John Mack
05-06-2019, 03:55 PM
Sweet pose with sweet light and an awesome hair do. Whats not to like on this one. Well done.

Dorian Anderson
05-06-2019, 10:57 PM
Nice warm light and engaging look. Is there any reason you're alway shooting at f/11 when this combo opens to f/8? You'd instantly gain a stop of noise and improve IQ.

David Roach
05-06-2019, 11:19 PM
Nice warm light and engaging look. Is there any reason you're alway shooting at f/11 when this combo opens to f/8? You'd instantly gain a stop of noise and improve IQ.

Yes this old combo of glass (mostly the TC) is not usually tack sharp unless stopped down one stop. I know big restriction. The DO alone is fine wide open but you need a curves adjustment to add contrast. However, I have found the AF works better on this mirrorless rig than my old DSLRs. So, I may try opening up a little sometime. Problem is to even get in the ball park as the newer glass(including TCs), it needs to be stopped down a full stop. It is what it is. I'm impatiently waiting on RF glass which will be a good leap ahead of current glass if the first RF lenses are any indication. By then, there may be a pro level version body. Gots to save my pennies...