PDA

View Full Version : Another Tiger!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-29-2019, 10:44 AM
Hi All,
Here is another one from Tipeshwar with some improvisation in my sharpening thanks to Jon and Steve.
1DX II
700mm
1/2000
f/6.3
ISO 1600

Steve Kaluski
04-29-2019, 11:54 AM
Hi Sanjeev, until you update camera settings ALL images taken so far will be crunchy sadly, but at least we know the issues. :2eyes2:

Take some shots ASAP with the camera settings changed and forward a Raw back again.

Cheers
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
04-29-2019, 02:42 PM
Dear Sanjeev,

I understand you might have had some issues with camera settings - I am sorry if this is the case, but glad it can be sorted. Just wanted to say I quite like the framing here and walking pose as well as eye contact. Perhaps a curve adjustment for more "pop" if you're inclined to spend more time on this image.

Many thanks for sharing Sanjeev,

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
05-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Hi Sanjeev always great to have a tiger sighting .....i am a little envious about your options , but can live with it :bg3:.
The approach is nice but the pose is a bit awkward for my liking with the lifted back paw , wish one front leg was up in the air instead .
Colors looking quite nice and you handled the side light very good , just think the contrast is a bit heavy and the sharpening is not ideal , i think !!
What are your issues with the sharpening and why are your camera settings off ...?

Struggling with the converter ? What are you using ?

TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
05-09-2019, 11:30 AM
What are your issues with the sharpening and why are your camera settings off ...?

A small issue with the Camera settings Andreas, now all resolved.

Andreas Liedmann
05-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Ok .... wonder what a small issue causes ..."big" problems for the sharpening ...:w3

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-11-2019, 09:59 AM
Hi Andreas, sorry for delay in replying. I got a 1DX II and had not changed the colour space to Adobe RGB (as suggested by Steve) and some issues with sharpening as images were turning out a bit crunchy. No issue with converter. A bit of heat haze maybe.

Andreas Liedmann
05-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Hi Sanjeev ..... just wondering why the colour space would affect the image ....:w3... changeable in post :w3, should have no effect on the file . I am jumping also from Adobe RGB to Prophoto RGB ....
With the converter ... i talked about the RAW converter not the TC ....:w3

Cheers Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-11-2019, 10:39 AM
I am using DPP in initial stage, then move file to PS CC 2019. I use sharpness of 3 in DPP. in PS I use USM 30%, radius 0.3 1 to 3 rounds after re sizing. What do you think Andreas?

Andreas Liedmann
05-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Hi Sanjeev ... not the settings i use with DPP and web sharpening ....still wonder why the image appear crunchy there must be more involved IMHO !

Wondering what sliders you used in DPP ...? AS image appears flat in the mid tone and 1/4 tone range ( greyish ) .... i might be wrong but looks like you have used the HL recovery and other sliders , which profile have you used ?