PDA

View Full Version : Theme Twins...

Joseph Przybyla
04-28-2019, 06:59 AM
I captured this image of a Reddish Egret along Black Point Wildlife Drive in Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Merritt Island, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 210mm
1/1250 F/7.1 Matrix Metering EV+1/3 ISO 1000 WB set with eyedropper in Lightroom, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

Daniel Cadieux
04-28-2019, 02:14 PM
Tough to get a better mirror reflection than that! Super cool. Only thing I would do is revisit the colour of the water - even if naturally like this, the almost electric hue competes with the egret IMO. You can try a paler shade to see if that works, or simple desaturate it some to taste.

dankearl
04-28-2019, 05:24 PM
Unreal reflection...Water is borderline too blue, but probably realistic.
Nice frame.

John Mack
04-28-2019, 06:46 PM
Now that is how you capture a relfection. Nice light and detail. I don't mind the color of the water. Very nice.

Joseph Przybyla
04-29-2019, 05:20 AM
Tough to get a better mirror reflection than that! Super cool. Only thing I would do is revisit the colour of the water - even if naturally like this, the almost electric hue competes with the egret IMO. You can try a paler shade to see if that works, or simple desaturate it some to taste.

Hi Dan, I checked the image I had added saturation to the blue. Not sure why, guess at the time I thought it needed saturation added. Here is the image without saturation.

Arthur Morris
05-03-2019, 02:51 PM
Too bad it was so windy! Very beautiful.

with love, artie