PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Adult And Chick...

Joseph Przybyla
04-25-2019, 08:57 AM
I found a new Osprey nest. Still pondering the best time of day. Yesterday I watched for a long time as mom pulled off chunks from the fish feeding them to the chick. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 360mm
1/4000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV-1/3 ISO 2500 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped slightly for composition and presentation

David Roach
04-25-2019, 09:14 AM
This nest looks like it will be very productive for you. You handled the less than optimal light angle real well. It is a clear detailed view (big surprise). Even the chick looks great in the shadows. I would tone down the nest branches a little more. TFS

William Dickson
04-25-2019, 01:36 PM
Well captured Joe...Very nice with a great POV. Perfect HA's on both. Well done. I would get along there at sunset/sunrise if you can

Will

Dorian Anderson
04-25-2019, 01:42 PM
Great look at the birds, and you got good separation between the nest and the background. Shadows are bit distracting, but the image still works as the family mostly overpowers them.

gail bisson
04-25-2019, 06:19 PM
What a killer nest! I would be camping there from dawn to dusk! Clean BG, nice looking nest.
Such a great look at the chick!
Shadows are a bit unfortunate but not a huge issue for me.
Once you figure out the sun angle on this nest you will get some killer images,
Gail

John Mack
04-25-2019, 07:47 PM
Nice to see the nest is pretty eye level. The view of the adult and chick is is very nice. Like the addition of the new nesting material on the left. Background is very nice as well.

Colin Driscoll
04-25-2019, 07:50 PM
A good shot of them both, even with the shadows. I'm curious about the nest location, up high? Those Solanum weeds growing there must have sprouted out of the nest material.

Joseph Przybyla
04-25-2019, 08:00 PM
A good shot of them both, even with the shadows. I'm curious about the nest location, up high? Those Solanum weeds growing there must have sprouted out of the nest material.

Hi Colin, thank you for viewing and commenting. The nest is located in the middle of a small city on a platform above a utility pole. Photography is from the fifth/top floor of a parking garage. The background are oak trees in the distance.