PDA

View Full Version : Spring has sprung in Michigan, and the frogs are back!

Randy Stout
04-22-2019, 07:59 PM
This pair of frogs were soaking up the sun on a warm spring day. Counted 20 frogs in our little pond that day.

GH5, Panasonic 100-400. f/8 Sitting on pond edge, on bean bag.

Post: Mild crop. Cleaned up some of the reflections off the water on their skin.

Cheers

Randy

Gabriela Plesea
04-23-2019, 12:28 PM
Hello Randy,

I absolutely love this! Love the pose, colours, composition, everything. Nice POV. F8 is spot-on. Expression from those two is priceless, they look like such a happy couple:bg3:

Thank you for this post, it put a big smile on my face, really enjoyed viewing!

Kind regards,

Randy Stout
04-23-2019, 02:36 PM
Gabriela:

Thanks for your comments. Hard not to like frogs!

Randy

Gabriela Plesea
04-23-2019, 03:12 PM
I love them...except on those hot and humid summer nights when they leave the pond and travel to the swimming pool...which is close to my bedroom window:bg3: They croak till the wee hours :2eyes2:

Steve Kaluski
04-26-2019, 12:32 PM
Hi Randy, the Prince & Princess, very cute, hope Andrew chimes in too as he is certainly well quipped on photographing frogs. :S3:

I might have gone further, say f/11, but no idea on the camera and capability. If you reduce the Blue cast, WB go warmer & Tint cooler the colour perhaps is a bit more reflective???? I would loose some off the top & RHS (10 x 16), then add some more sharpening, but just my take. Like the POV here.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
04-29-2019, 04:11 PM
Good details Randy, I like the colours and the composition, really cute image. I would have been tempted to make the background a little less contrasted to make it slightly less apparent or attention seeking. I am not familiar with the species so I cannot tell if your colours or those of Steve are more accurate (??)

John Mack
04-29-2019, 05:01 PM
Nice you were able to get low here. Like the pose and the two frogs mingling together. I would have took out that grass on the right across the one frog.

Arthur Morris
05-27-2019, 01:06 PM
Here I like the more vibrant colors and tones of the original post. And I love frogs in love or at least in friendship :)

with love, artie