PDA

View Full Version : Siskin (Carduelis spinus)

Jonathan Ashton
04-16-2019, 04:07 PM
Taken from my garden hide (baited)
Canon 5D IV Canon 500mm f4L IS II
Auto ISO 6400, 1/2000 sec f8

I would like your opinion first, then I will spill the beans!

William Dickson
04-16-2019, 04:38 PM
Well captured Jon...Not very common up here. lovely pose, and detail on the bird...a slightly better HA would work better I reckon. I reduced the greens a little WDYT. did you join up the perch under the left foot of the bird....

Will

David Roach
04-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Intriguing... Sharp where it needs to be and a lovely visitor you have there. Like the composition and the perch. Wish for better HA and more DOF (I like the perch lichens?). TFS

John Mack
04-16-2019, 04:46 PM
Kinda looks like the goldfinch over here. The perch is neat. Wish the bird had less of a head turn. Great background.

dankearl
04-16-2019, 06:42 PM
The bird looks fine to me, nice BG, nice perch but maybe too much foliage for me...
The bird is the last thing I look at..

Steve Kaluski
04-17-2019, 01:39 AM
Hi Jon, I prefer the OP but perhaps a slight boost in the Tonal Curve in the HL's. Not a lover of the flower and leaves creeping in top LHC.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
04-17-2019, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone. Will yes I prefer the paler greens, I did toy with the idea, wish I had done it. Not sure what I could have done to make a visible difference to the highlights Steve?
I have attached the full frame, I removed a leaf and I reduced (free transform) the size of the flower and twig on the LHS, also blurred a little to make it less of a feature.
The perch is a snip off an apple tree growing wild near the beach where I live.

Steve Kaluski
04-17-2019, 11:40 AM
Not sure what I could have done to make a visible difference to the highlights Steve?

You could use your TK, but why I like LR is that having saved back from PS I can still make some refinements within LR prior to export, Save for Web and I do like the Tonal Curve at times. :S3: However, when processing the file I may found that all the required work was done with Curves, Blends and some simple Colour management?

Raybel Robles
04-17-2019, 04:49 PM
Very nice image, I agree with the above comments tho, not a fan of the top corner flowers and do wish for a slightly better HA.