PDA

View Full Version : No more RWBB's, just some lovin

Nancy A Elwood
06-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Well, today the RWBB's were not bothering the caracara's, but boy were they giving some to the osprey's. These two spent most of the morning preening eachother. Hope that means more babies at some point!:DTaken with the D300 and Nikon 500 f4 with 1.4TC, f 8, 1/2000, iso 640

http://cdn-1-service.phanfare.com/images/external/5002860_2206288_33253797_Web_3/0_0_9c29e1e5ff926e114e606da0ad58ecf4_1

Fabs Forns
06-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Lovely interaction, Nancy. I think the head could use some more USM.

We were talking to one of the workers last week and he told us they (not the plant) are trying to get the Caras out of Viera and relocate them. That would be a shame.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-30-2008, 07:12 AM
Great interaction and light. I find the needles in front of the bird on the left a bit distracting. Could you have moved to your right? Thanks for sharing and do you have images where they preen each other?

Alfred Forns
06-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Great interaction and love the overall quality !!! Sweet light on those birds !!! Sure hope they stay right there they are my favorites !!!

Julie Kenward
06-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Lovely image, Nancy. I love the way the branches frame the space occupied by the two birds.

Nancy A Elwood
06-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks Fabs, Axel, Al and Jules for you comments! Axel, I wish I had some with them preening, but unfortunately when they were actually preening the bird on the left had his back to the camera. Also, if I moved to the right to get rid of the pine needles in front of that bird I would of lost the frontal area all together, especially the catch light. Anyway, I tried to frame it the best that position gave me. That particular tree is over a fence and the other side is not accessible. Fabs, I do not understand about moving them from Viera??? Plus, that would have to be an undertaking done by the state or US Fed agency, I think, for they are protected. They are a great Viera icon!! May they live on right where they are and want!!!

Fabs Forns
06-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks Fabs, Axel, Al and Jules for you comments! Axel, I wish I had some with them preening, but unfortunately when they were actually preening the bird on the left had his back to the camera. Also, if I moved to the right to get rid of the pine needles in front of that bird I would of lost the frontal area all together, especially the catch light. Anyway, I tried to frame it the best that position gave me. That particular tree is over a fence and the other side is not accessible. Fabs, I do not understand about moving them from Viera??? Plus, that would have to be an undertaking done by the state or US Fed agency, I think, for they are protected. They are a great Viera icon!! May they live on right where they are and want!!!

Ye, I think is the US agency who wants to move them. I don't know exactly why or how, but they would the ones allowed to relocate them.
That would be very unfortunate. Maybe it has to do with the 15K more houses expected in the area?

Nancy A Elwood
06-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Well, I tell you that would be disgusting!!!:eek::eek::(:( We certainly need more houses and people in that area, NOT!!!! I will see what the people in the know, politically have to say.

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Wonderful image Nancy and great that you have such awesome eye contact with them both, Love the composition and what fun that must have bee for you. They really put on quite a show !! Many thanks for sharing and I too hope that they are not moved.