PDA

View Full Version : Crandon Gardens

Michael Pancier
06-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Fab's IR shot prompted me to go out to Crandon this afternoon to take some IR shots.

I loved this scene and had to shoot it as a pano.

IR 20d + 10-22 @ f/9
@ 10mm
1/50
ISO 200

manual mode

images (5) merged using CS 3 photomerge.

Sharna Lee
06-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Good Stuff Mike! I may have lightened it a touch in the water but that's just me.
I do love this sky and tree's though. Super image.

Sharna

Robert Amoruso
06-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Michael,

Definitely a good IR subject. I especially like the composition. The "V" effect of the pond and trees draw the eye right into the image.

Sid Garige
06-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Excellent job Mike. Like the reflections in lake. Well done.

David Kennedy
06-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Having never tried IR photography, I simply don't know the answer to this question, but at the risk of sounding like Roman, your image makes me wonder if a graduated density filter wouldn't improve an image like this to make the reflections pop a little more?

I agree with your composition and your decision to end the bottom edge where you did.

Cheers,
David

Michael Pancier
06-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Having never tried IR photography, I simply don't know the answer to this question, but at the risk of sounding like Roman, your image makes me wonder if a graduated density filter wouldn't improve an image like this to make the reflections pop a little more?

I agree with your composition and your decision to end the bottom edge where you did.

Cheers,
David

I'm sure a nd grad would work. Haven't tried id. I sometimes use a polarizer but did not use one here on the superwide.. the key to IR is getting a base exposure which varies camera to camera. I find having to set my camera in manual mode to between + 1 1/2 and 2 stop to get a decent histogram. I typically do add a nd grad using Nik Tools if needed.

if I had less haze and more blue sky would be easier. we had a lot of haze here in the last couple of days which diffused the light eliminating the harsh contrast you actually want for an IR image.

Maxis Gamez
07-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Fantastic Michael!!

Arthur Morris
07-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Wierd but I like it a lot. Might have gone a bit wider on the left.