PDA

View Full Version : Purple Finch

John Mack
04-14-2019, 03:17 PM
Feeder set up. This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 4/13/19 at 2:25PM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Medium crop.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
600mm
ISO 800
f8.0
1/1250sec

David Roach
04-14-2019, 03:42 PM
Just got my new monitor today. Seeing this full composition without scrolling was worth the price. Love the composition, the EXP, the HA, the details,BG and colors. Oh, also love the perch meandering through the frame. Only suggestion would be to slightly tone down only perch(or bright spots on perch). TFS
disregard my knit... after redoing factory calibration with spyder the perch looks great

Randy Stout
04-14-2019, 04:01 PM
John:

A handsome fellow, good head angle, sharp where it needs to be, nicely scaled perch, just enough variation in the background so it isn't too bland.

In a truly perfect world comment, wish the lichen patch was on the left side of the perch to balance out the bird a bit!

Cheers

Randy

annmpacheco
04-14-2019, 05:58 PM
Hey John, nice colors, sharp and I like the head angle. I too vote for the heavy lichen not to be in back of the bird, looks a bit heavy and at first glance maybe not lichen... TFS

Tim Foltz
04-14-2019, 06:59 PM
John, nice set up shot, nice details, HA and perch, sweet colors on the finch. A little more room on the right for me :bg3:

-Tim

Jonathan Ashton
04-15-2019, 05:24 AM
Lovely shot John, I llike the head angle, I too wish he was a little further to the left in the frame.

Ivan Sjogren
04-15-2019, 06:03 AM
Beautiful photo of a beautiful bird. I think the red and the green go very well together. The light is very nice and the head angle makes for a perfectly lit bird.
Colors, BG and exposure looks good. Too me this image is a bit too simple if it is taken at a set-up(?). The curve of the perch makes for a little interest but the linchen you have is placed poorly for the comp. I think that a more interesting perch would have taken this to the next level. All the rest looks good.

Joseph Przybyla
04-15-2019, 07:12 AM
Beautiful bird, good HA, detail and background. A very nice image. Thank you for sharing, John.

David Cowling
04-15-2019, 07:50 AM
I like the pose and the colour of the bird. Great background. Perch already given lots of comments. TFS

Daniel Cadieux
04-15-2019, 07:34 PM
Pointing your lens a bit right and up (about an inch each way) would have perfected the comp IMO. All else is good for me. Perfect head turn.