PDA

View Full Version : Display at sunset...

David Roach
04-10-2019, 04:27 PM
EOS R EF 100-400DO I 400mm f11 1/500 ISO 125

Another spotlight at sunset with deep shadows. In DPP, I pulled the shadows back two stops and highlights forward one. The previous post from this sequence a while back had the head lower, neck further forward and catching the shadow of the branch in front. I know, all those branches... But the beautiful whites were almost completely clear of the bramble. As usual, all thoughts and suggestions very welcome.

John Mack
04-10-2019, 05:57 PM
Nice to see the plumes. The pose is great. Nice light with the bird in sun and the darker background.

David Cowling
04-11-2019, 10:10 AM
Lovely view of the plumage. I like the pose with the head right back. Whites handled very well. Pity about the brambles.

dankearl
04-11-2019, 10:39 AM
If you wanted to I think you could remove the projecting branches pretty easily...

Daniel Cadieux
04-11-2019, 06:36 PM
I love the pose. The plumes are quite sharp. Although I love the dark shade of the background, I would have preferred it smoother (surely photographing with a wide open aperture would have helped a bit with that). Good call on the vertical comp. Yes, some of those branches should be easy enough to remove in post if you are OK with that type of image manipulation.