PDA

View Full Version : Red-winged blackbird

Krishna Prasad kotti
04-09-2019, 11:24 PM
Red-winged blackbird

Image taken at Bear River Migratory Refuge UT. I was in car and could not move farther away from the subject. Already removed Teleconvertor.

Nikon D500, 600 mm f/4

1/4000 sec; f/5.6; ISO 800

Manual; Matrix metering

Post Processing:-
Removed small Phragmites in the bottom of the image
Raw Processing using C1P
Neat Image for NR
Nik 30-30 Filter
No Cropping
Sharpening for Presentation.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

Jonathan Ashton
04-10-2019, 05:11 AM
A beautiful image I like the calling pose, I am sure you already said it to yourself but I wish the seed head had not been clipped. The head angle isn't quite optimal but still a lovely shot.

Arthur Morris
04-10-2019, 05:54 AM
Looks much too bright on my screen ... Others? Going to horizontal would have solved several problems with this one ...

with love, artie

kevin Hice
04-10-2019, 07:18 AM
Nice calling pose ,agree with the clipping . I think you got lots of details in the blacks and agree too bright. I have trouble with the blacks in post. I think it helps to shoot these guys in soft light. The reds look spot on.

Randy Stout
04-10-2019, 07:58 AM
Krishna:

Excellent calling pose, ruffled feathers, nice job holding the reds, which are very easy to blow out on this black bird.
I do agree with Artie that he appears a bit too bright. I would experiment with pulling back the exposure a bit and see what you think of it.

Because of your tight framing due to your setup, I agree with Artie that a horizontal format might have been a good choice.

The RWB are really belting it out around here in Michigan as well.

Cheers

Randy

annmpacheco
04-10-2019, 11:00 AM
Would like to see the flower head in full can you crop to horizontal? I like the wind swept shoulder feathers.

John Mack
04-10-2019, 05:52 PM
Agree with what has already been said. Nice perch and i like the wind swept feathers.