PDA

View Full Version : Turkey

John Mack
04-07-2019, 12:57 PM
This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 4/6/19 at 7:14AM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Medium crop.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
451mm
ISO 10,000
f6.3
1/160sec

Joseph Przybyla
04-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Nice looking Tom. Love the front on pose with the spread tail. The top of the head might be hot, I might check that and tone it down. Thank you for sharing, John.

David Roach
04-07-2019, 04:48 PM
A classic view of this tom. I would run another round of NR on BG (at least at top). You did well to keep him in the smoother BG. The EXP looks spot on to me. TFS

dankearl
04-07-2019, 09:48 PM
Excellent view of an under appreciated subject.
I would lower the exposure a bit and run some NR..
Detail is excellent.

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Hi John, at 10k you should be getting a far better result in terms of IQ. The whole image looks dark with heavy blacks choking the detail overall and it's quite saturated too. At 1/160 unless super steady or perhaps using your backpack as a support, I wonder how sharp the raw was and I fear you have tried to use Contrast & Clarity to bring out sharpness/detail which is wrong. I think there is a lot more that is within the Raw that simply has not come through in PP. What I do like is the pose and the head being framed by the fan of the tail, cool timing, going lower would have lost this. The top half is a mess and dropping some dehaze softness that, but having the environment 'lighter' provides better separation between subject & environment.

John are you using ETTR in your camera exposure???

TFS
Steve