PDA

View Full Version : Cutie fast dry...

David Roach
04-07-2019, 10:49 AM
EOS R EF400 DO I f11 1/1600 ISO 1600
Third frame after shakeoff began. Some motion blur, some focus (in right places hopefully) and yes, this is from boardwalk.

Ivan Sjogren
04-07-2019, 12:35 PM
Nice image David. You timed the shakeoff very well! For all waterfowl, including grebes, I always try to go for a low shooting angle. You mention the boardwalk yourself so I suspect you are aware of this already. I understand that it is not always possible to get down low.
The shot also seems very tight. I would like more room allround and especially on the top and right where some feathers are clipped. The colors also seem a little off. The water has a purple or magneta feel to it. I would try to go back and reduce it in selective colors.

John Mack
04-07-2019, 01:46 PM
The shaking off is nice. The bird is pretty tight in the frame. Like the blue water.

Joseph Przybyla
04-07-2019, 02:35 PM
Hi David, nice and sharp, beautiful little bird. I agree with Ivan's and John's comments. Thank you for sharing.

David Roach
04-07-2019, 05:36 PM
Hopefully color correction(reduced magenta and purple in DPP). This is full frame. Thanks as always for welcome comments and suggestions.
Peace,
David

arash_hazeghi
04-07-2019, 11:39 PM
cool pose, the bird is too big in the frame, the whites look blown and a bit contrasty/oversharpened but the main issue here is the steep angle...
TFS