PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for salmon

Andreas Liedmann
04-06-2019, 06:23 AM
Hi folks ...yeah i am still alive LOL.
Time is short ...so here a quick one from my bears .
Brown Bears waiting at one river that enters the Kuril lake in Kamtchatka , just before entering the lake .
The bears has been very variable in coloration as you can see .
Hope you like it .

Canon EOS 1DX II
EF 200 - 400 IS L at 400 mm
HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 3200 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with C1 and PSCC 2019 ; slight cropped for comp

Thanks for watching and commenting

Chers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
04-06-2019, 07:10 AM
Very nice image, Andreas!

I am not at home right now so viewing on the laptop, could not help but open the thumbnail as we have not seen an image from you in a while:S3: Glad you are back and looking forward to images from your Namibia trip soon.

Composition is great and I like the second bear in the BG. Nice 3D feel in this frame. Techs are spot-on. The main subject has an impressive profile - a little mean looking and rather serious - and is well separated from the BG.

Love the rich colours and those deep greens. Nice detail on the bear's face, fur, as well as paws. A well processed image I thoroughly enjoyed viewing, thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,

greg cowle
04-06-2019, 07:16 AM
Nice composition with the OOF bear under the snout, and I like the pads showing on the back foot. It looks like it needs a salmon or two, a bit thin.

Chris van Rooyen
04-07-2019, 12:36 PM
Beautiful frame Andreas. Agree with Gabriela on all counts. Would love to photograph these guys one day:S3:

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Hi Andreas, I like the persecutive, but would prefer a bit more below, just find it a wee bit tight. I also like having the second bear in the BKG, gives context. Personally I would get a bit more *tone overall, not much, but I feel it helps and also make the water a tad darker, but retain the saturation. I would also darken the HLs on the two logs in the BKG.

Just my take.

TFS
Steve

* Keep the colour of the water in as per the OP, not RP that is too blue!

Andreas Liedmann
04-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Thanks Gabriela , Greg , Chris and Steve for your kind comments and your RP .... Steve .... much appreciated .

Steve .. good call on the overall tones , i did want to go too dark in the first place . Maybe half way would be good for my liking , i am fine with the framing but have a tiny bit more room in the file . Thanks again for taking the time to create the RP , always good to see options in presentation !!!!

Cheers Andreas

Marc Mol
04-08-2019, 03:44 PM
Love the attentive look you've garnered from both bears here Andreas and the placement of the rear bear makes this image for me, nicely seen.

TFS.

John Mack
04-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Looks quite concentrated on getting that salmon. Like the balance the bear in the background gives this one. The low angle is spot on. Well done.

Andreas Liedmann
04-11-2019, 09:43 AM
Thanks Marc and John for your kind comments , much appreciated .
Cheers Andreas

haseeb badar
04-12-2019, 12:32 AM
HI Andreas -- A very nice POV and Framing. Excellent details and tones here. The low angles that you achieved makes the image for me . Unfortunately it is not possible to get it most of the time when it comes to Tigers.

A very well executed image Andreas.

TFS !