PDA

View Full Version : Tern Chick

Harold Davis
06-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Least Tern at Lovers Key. Does this blow any sunshine up your skirt? Too plain or cute enough to work?

D300, Bigma at 500mm, f/11, 1/1250s, 0EV, ISO 500, FF at +3.0EV

Be brutally honest!! I appreciate your comments and critiques!!

Oscar Zangroniz
06-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Great capture my friend. Where did you get this one from? I'm sure there is a lot you can do with it, But as you know I'm not the one teach you cs3.

Nonda Surratt
06-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Sunshine up my skirt?? really??? Were you out in the sun wayyyy to long today Mr H?:D

Its cute, very!!!!, but the black bit on the right distracts and I feel like I would like to see the little guy a bit closer or maybe a bit more of him or something? So right at this moment don't really feel the sunshine, but don't have a skirt on either:p

Harold Davis
06-29-2008, 06:59 PM
that black thing is a leaf. would it be that much stronger if it was gone? and as far as the chick being small in the frame, that point doesnt bother me that much. these things are small. you can fit like five of them in your hand. could never make a large print of it. wouldnt look right if the bird was larger than it really is.

thanks again for the comments. and yes ms N, it is waaaay too hot and i am baked. i'm done on one side, now turn me over!!

Nonda Surratt
06-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Yea I think the leaf draws my eye away from the tiny tot and that might be why I feel the bird isn't getting all my attention. Humor me a bit please

Alfred Forns
06-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Agree on the black leaf being a distraction and would evict form scene !!! Would crop just a little from the bottom and leave the rest !!! I like the image very much !!! You get a Big Congrats on this one Harold !!!

Sharna Lee
06-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Mr. H

I think getting rid of that leaf is a good idea. Maybe cropping a little off that right side too.
I do like the cute factor though. And I'm not wearing a skirt either. :p:D:eek:

Katie Rupp
06-29-2008, 10:28 PM
So bright-eyed and sweet and I agree, that blob has to go. Very nice, Harold.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
06-30-2008, 02:17 AM
Hi Harold, very cute!! Personally I would make this a pano crop, thus focussing far more on the little youngster. BTW, I sure don't miss those South Florida summers...!!!
PS The blob must die...
Regards,
Nicki

Lance Peters
06-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Gorgeous - I owuld crop a little and yep remove the black leaf.

Nice one buddy.

:)

Gail Spitler
06-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Harold. Very cute, I'm ignoring the skirt comment. A tighter crop might just be the way to go here; I think the little fellow kind of gets lost and deserves a bigger piece of the image.

Cheers
Gail

SeanKP
06-30-2008, 07:51 AM
Harold, this is really great. The only thing I would change is the black leaf. I love that the chick is small in the frame. It gives a wonderful sense of its size. Top shot!
Sean

Harold Davis
06-30-2008, 12:21 PM
thanks, sean!

and as far as the skirt comment goes, guys wear skirts too!! kilts!! it wasnt meant to offend the females!!!:)