PDA

View Full Version : Theme Dunlin

Alex Becker
03-26-2019, 05:24 PM
Hi all,

A Dunlin taken at Barnegat about a month ago. Rarely do silhouettes, but figured why not. Pretty standard processing for me, NR at RAW, cloned out a small distracting line in the foreground.

Camera: Nikon D500
Lens: 300 PF + 1.4 TCIII
Specs: 1/4000 f/8 ISO 800

Thanks for looking and commenting on prior posts!
Alex

John Mack
03-26-2019, 07:50 PM
Nice silhouette. The composition works well. Really like all those specular highlights. Maybe some sensor dust on the one right above the bird.

Isaac Grant
03-26-2019, 09:12 PM
Really nice Alex, and exactly the way I like a silhouette, with some details showing and not jet black. I just don't like the jet black ones as they do not look realistic to me. There are always some details evident and this looks great. Love the colors, the background, and the pose. Just don't like the line in the foreground to the right of the bird. I would clone that out.

dankearl
03-27-2019, 12:12 PM
I think the bird needs a bit better pose but I really like the highlights in the BG.
A Nice effort.

Dorian Anderson
03-27-2019, 03:40 PM
Very well executed frame Alex! The specular highlights make the shot, and I agree I would clean up the foreground a bit f not beyond your ethical standards! Rim lighting effect is really nice as well!

William Dickson
03-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Looking good for me...I love the atmosphere, you can almost imagine being there. Well done

Will