PDA

View Full Version : Preening Peregrine

Tim Foltz
03-24-2019, 06:29 PM
canon 1DX • 1/1000 • f/8 • ISO 800

This is a female from 2 years ago, prepping and praying for a good season this year.
The female of this pair had more rufus coloring in her breast and head are than the male.

Thanks for looking

-Tim

David Salem
03-25-2019, 12:46 AM
Very cool Tim! I have always liked preening poses and trying to get them with the last primary or tail feather is always a fun and makes for an interesting and fun frame.
Colors, details and background look great and I love that the perch is clean.
Well done and i hope we have a good peregrine season. See ya out there

Daniel Cadieux
03-25-2019, 11:07 AM
Yes, neat pose indeed. Rarely, but sometimes, an image works even with no eyes showing. Here's one good example. Although the rock perch is pretty neat, I do wish you had photographed in vertical orientation. It still works as is though. Good blue water BG. BUmmer the paler oof area of the perch was visible but no deal-breaker. Pretty cool stuff!

David Cowling
03-25-2019, 11:13 AM
Lovely detail. Nice background and like the rocky perch. But sadly it doesn't work for me without more of the head showing.

Dorian Anderson
03-25-2019, 05:45 PM
The feather and foot details are great, but I agree it's a bummer we can't se at least one of hers eye. Lovely setting, hoping to make ti down there at least once this spring.

John Mack
03-25-2019, 07:14 PM
Love the preening pose. The way the bird is perched on the edge of the cliff is pretty neat. Nice background.