PDA

View Full Version : Osprey

Mike Poole
03-18-2019, 12:09 PM

Posting my Limpkin shot yesterday had me looking at some of the Osprey shots from later in the session. Hers one I liked because of the screaming incoming pose

Canon 1dx
500mm f4is
ISO 1600
1/3200th f4

Mike

annmpacheco
03-18-2019, 02:39 PM
I like it too Mike, screaming, w a bit of cypress in the talons. wish there were more details in the whites...

John Mack
03-18-2019, 03:25 PM
The screaming pose is pretty sweet. Nice backround. Like the little bit of vegetation in the talon.

Jim Crosswell
03-18-2019, 05:59 PM
I like the screaming pose, composition, sharpness and BG. I see a line at the top of the frame over the osprey that needs a little touch up. Nice image Mike.

William Dickson
03-18-2019, 06:48 PM
Nice one Mike....What a great flight pose and I really like the separation from the BG....looks almost 3D here.

Will

dankearl
03-18-2019, 08:35 PM
I like the grass and the calling pose...
Details and sharpness not up your usual standards for me.

Chris van Rooyen
03-19-2019, 04:58 AM
Great posture and light, and lovely background. Would like to have seen a little more feather detail?

Daniel Cadieux
03-19-2019, 06:11 AM
I too like the dynamic pose, and bit of vegetation being clutched in the talon. Good BG, except for the bluish spots at left that grab my attention. I keep staring at the faint triangular shape in the front wing's dark area and wondering what caused that? Yes to an horizontal clone mark along top edge.

Dorian Anderson
03-19-2019, 04:08 PM
The pose is fantastic, and you were wise to be at f/4 to get rid of what would have otherwise been a busy BG! Exposure good too. That said, the bird lacks fine feather detail. If it had that, this would be lights out. As it, it's still a very strong shot but just isn;t quite there to me.

Arthur Morris
03-19-2019, 06:07 PM
I love the pose and the photo and the little bit of branch is killer wonderful. I am always mystified by the talk about lack of feather detail especially in the WHITEs with images taken in soft light ...

with love, artie

PS: Save some vacation time; I will be at Bempton Cliffs starting on the afternoon of June 27 and photographing through Sunday evening with a small group. I hope that you can join us as you did last year and I hope that we can do another afternoon of kites :)

Mike Poole
03-21-2019, 11:31 AM
I love the pose and the photo and the little bit of branch is killer wonderful. I am always mystified by the talk about lack of feather detail especially in the WHITEs with images taken in soft light ...

with love, artie

PS: Save some vacation time; I will be at Bempton Cliffs starting on the afternoon of June 27 and photographing through Sunday evening with a small group. I hope that you can join us as you did last year and I hope that we can do another afternoon of kites :)

Cheers Artie, my rota has me off for a few days there so I'll pop up. I was at the Kites a couple of weeks ago, no issues with them still being around and can't see any problem taking the group there again, hope the weather co-operates a little better with them this year!

Mike

arash_hazeghi
03-25-2019, 11:45 PM
love the landing pose topped off with the nesting material and calling pose but I agree the bird looks a bit oft / lacking in find details here

TFS