PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Waxwing Devouring Berries

Dave Harwood
03-15-2019, 10:05 AM
Sure sign of spring: the berries are ripe, the waxwings, being in the starling class, arrive in droves.
Canon EOS 1D Mk II
f/5
1/200
ISO 100
EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x
Focal Length 400mm
Flash Type Did not fire
Tripod Used
50% of Original

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Isaac Grant
03-15-2019, 11:42 AM
Great bird, great perch, great action. As the bird is looking up and to the left it should be placed in the lower right of the frame and give the bird more room to look into. You have a strong magenta cast to your shot that is easily fixed in PS by choosing IMAGE > HUE/SATURATION, then choose Magenta in the drop down menu and then lowering the slider until the cast is gone. Also, why choose such a low ISO and shutter speed? Surely you could have gotten more shutter speed and sharper details with a higher ISO. I never and I mean never shoot at 200. Lowest I think I ever go is about 640 and that is rare.

Arthur Morris
03-15-2019, 06:44 PM
I like the image design with the berries on our right and I love the squishy berry in the bird's bill. A shallower shooting angle would have been great. Looks really sharp on the eye. Like Isaac, I almost never-ever use ISO 200 when the sun is out.

with love, artie

Raybel Robles
03-16-2019, 06:38 PM
Nice pose and BG, I agree with the above comments regarding the composition and the strong magneta cast.

John Mack
03-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Nice view of the bird. Wish it was on the right side of the frame.