PDA

View Full Version : Snow Bunting

Stuart Edwards
03-06-2019, 08:06 PM
I have a friend that has a good sized flock of these in his feeder . I made snow mounds on the feeder and there was 1 branch leaning up against it . I never thought any of them would have landed on the branches or I would have chosen a nicer perch. I will try again for sure but I figured it was still worth sharing.
Taken literally 8 feet from the house from a blind, background is snow covered field at the bottom and distant trees for the rest.
converted with dpp then in photoshop. nik detail extractor and smart sharpen on the bird only. cloned out a few snowflakes.
1DX II 400 f5.6L + ex1.4III
1/1000 , f8 , iso 1600

gail bisson
03-06-2019, 08:57 PM
This is nice Stuart. The bunting looks nice and sharp and the BG is lovely.
HA perfect and the whites look great with nice details.
I agree with you about the perch but this will do until you get one to land on your "nice " perch,
Gail

Krishna Prasad kotti
03-07-2019, 07:55 AM
I like the bird. A bit more space on the left would have been nice.

Agree with nicer perch but this still works for me.

I like the light and the HA

TFS

William Dickson
03-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Love these birds, and you captured some great detail here. I can understand why the feathers on the wing look sharper than the head. The head feathers are sooooo soft, I noticed that when I was processing my images of this bird. Nice work Stuart, I hope you get some more.

Will

John Mack
03-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Really like this one. Nice pose on the bird with good detail as well. Hope to see some more.

kevin Hice
03-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Boy this is nice .Details and whites perfect as mentioned.This one would be fantastic on a great perch.Love the little bit of snow on the bill.

Stuart Edwards
03-07-2019, 08:54 PM
Thank you all very much. I will definitely try soon with some nicer perches now that i know they will land on a branch.

Mike Poole
03-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Lovely shot Stuart, loads of details and the pose of the bird is spot on. The perch may not be the classic feeder twig, but it does look natural

Mike

Jonathan Ashton
03-09-2019, 05:39 AM
Excellent, beautifully processed, I love the trace of snow on the bill. I don't mind the perch at all, maybe chuck a bit of snow on the perch??