PDA

View Full Version : Almost ....caught the fish

Andreas Liedmann
03-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Hi folks .... been quiet lately , sorry too busy with other stuff .

Just a quick posting to show i am alive ...LOL.

This image shows a Kamtchatka Brown Bear going for salmon ....at Kambalnaya River on Kamtchatka Island . The last morning we had in the reserve .... and it was soooooooo foggy we could barely see the bears in parts . Was quite thrilling to hike through thick fog to the bears ....:eek3::2eyes2::Whoa!:.... but all was quite ok.

Canon EOS 1DX II
EF 200 - 400 IS L at 400 mm
HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 800 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with DPP 4.10.0 and PS CC 2019 ; slightly cropped

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting ....

Cheers Andreas

Andreas Liedmann
03-06-2019, 04:27 PM
For comparison .... the shot out of cam ......

Chris van Rooyen
03-07-2019, 02:08 AM
HI Andreas, sounds like it was a thrilling adventure! Personally I love this one, in my opinion the foggy atmosphere just adds to the authenticity of the scene. I would have considered removing on or two water drops around the eye of the bear to get a more open view of the eye, but its just my personal taste. Action is fantastic, sharpness as well.

haseeb badar
03-07-2019, 06:54 AM
Hi Andreas -- A very nice moment to witness and capture.

I liked the foggy atmosphere which you have retained in your posting, very difficult shooting conditions to capture the action but you have done quite well. Framing is very good as well. Overall a fine job at PP and capturing the frame.

TFS !

Jonathan Ashton
03-07-2019, 04:12 PM
Hi Andreas - good to see you posting again, lets see some more:w3
I saw the first post and downloaded and adjusted it but I see it was already adjusted when I saw the second image!! Given the original conditions I think you have done enough, it would be easy to overdo and lose the authenticity of the scene.

John Mack
03-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Talk about foggy. Reminds me of some morning in the smoky mountains. Nice action and splashing water. The fish out of water is a nice touch.

Andreas Liedmann
03-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Thanks folks for your kind comments ...much appreciated .

Will try it .... Jon :w3

Chris .... not a real option for me , the water droplets are there. So they stay ...

Thanks again Andreas

Marc Mol
03-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Full marks here for the finished result Andreas, the look of concentration, fish outta water, fog/mist and water splashing all come together.

TFS