PDA

View Full Version : Canvasback #2

Jim Crosswell
03-03-2019, 06:20 PM
This was taken a week ago on the Detroit River in Windsor. I posted another image last week with a less than ideal wing position. Hope you enjoy the image.
All C&Cs are welcome and appreciated.

Nikon D500
Sigma 150-600 @600mm
ISO 1250
1/4000s
f6.3
Handheld

John Mack
03-03-2019, 08:33 PM
Nice downstroke pose. Also like the blue water background here. The composition works well.

gail bisson
03-04-2019, 05:59 AM
Really nice Jim.
I like the wing position on this image.
Great view of the feet and that lovely red eye.
I think you could bump up the exposure on this a bit ( just protect the shoulder).
What a great spot you have. It is a treat to see flight shots of these uncommon ducks,
Gail
PS Is the water color accurate? We never get this color blue in the North Atlantic or our rivers!

Jim Crosswell
03-04-2019, 06:20 AM
Thanks John and Gail for your kind comments. The last two weeks there have been over 500 of the Canvasback ducks at this spot per day. It is where Lake St. Clair meets the Detroit River. The lake is mostly iced over and the mouth of the river isn't. There is a run of fish at this time. You can have four to eight different kinds of ducks fly by in a hour and a half session. The water really is this color but can range from this blue to blue/green and brown. Thanks again for commenting.

Joseph Przybyla
03-04-2019, 07:32 AM
Hi Jim, interesting duck, I have never seen one before. Good wing position and angle of flight. The duck looks sharp, I'm trusting the colors are correct from not have seen any before. Good water background. Thank you for sharing.