PDA

View Full Version : Roseate Spoonbil

gail bisson
02-27-2019, 07:39 AM
My best frame from my morning with James on the Hooptie Deux.
Again, the birds were a bit scarce but we had a few fly-ins against good BG.
This is straight out of the camera, about 95% FF, nothing added or cloned.
LR CC and PS CC. I used a luminosity mask to tame the whites on the shoulder.
Canon 1 DX 600mm and 1.4x
SS 1/3200 f 640 f 7.1
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Arthur Morris
02-27-2019, 08:09 AM
Very nice but for the shadow under the near wing. They sure are beautiful birds.

with love, artie

Ivan Sjogren
02-27-2019, 08:20 AM
Great flight shot Gail!
The colors are beautiful and well controlled in that sweet light. Nice wing position, background and head angle. The main focus seems to be spot on the head.
I don't mind the shadow too much but I guess it would have been a bit stronger without it. I'm think I would try to bring some more detail out of the darkest part of the tail.

Bill Dix
02-27-2019, 09:33 AM
A beauty of a shot, Gail. Great light, color, background, flight angle. No nits from me.

gail bisson
02-27-2019, 09:50 AM
I found this frame (4 frames before the OP). It adresses the shadow on the wing and there is more detail in the tail. I think I liked the first one so much because it is FF. This is about 70% FF

Raybel Robles
02-27-2019, 09:58 AM
Beautiful photo with superb details, I prefer the first one a lot more, the BG is smoother and the far wing is in a nicer position, I don't mind the shadow at all.

David Salem
02-27-2019, 10:41 AM
This is a real beauty Gail! Either one works fine for me and the shadow is minimal enough that it doesn't bother me. The pink pops so well off that nice green BG and your techs look solid as usual! Well done Gail

arash_hazeghi
02-27-2019, 12:28 PM
Very nice frame Gail, sharp with great details and a pleasing BG. I like the far wing position of the 1st one but the HA of the 2nd one :) the colors look good on my monitor and the shadow does not bother me

TFS

dankearl
02-27-2019, 01:37 PM
I prefer the first with that minimal shadow... shadows give depth, the second
one looks flat.
Beautiful color, pose and light.

kevin Hice
02-27-2019, 02:00 PM
Nice Gail very beautiful. Love the colors and also the sharpness and detail captured on the head and through out. I could live with the shadow wish I had one this good.

annmpacheco
02-27-2019, 02:09 PM
Lovely Gail, the sharpness, the HA and the sand on the feet. I think the emerald BG really makes the pink pop and colors all look spot on.

John Mack
02-27-2019, 04:25 PM
Very nice flight image of a spoonbill. Either frame works for me. The pink and green go great together.

Jim Crosswell
02-27-2019, 07:46 PM
Excellent image Gail! I like the light, flight angle, IQ, composition and BG makes the bird pop. I'm okay with the shadow on the wing. The OP is my favorite.

Paul Burdett
02-28-2019, 06:04 AM
Hi Gail. It's a wow from me...I love both...but I prefer the second one by the smallest of margins, as I do find the shadow a little distracting. What an amazing looking bird!

Mike Poole
02-28-2019, 06:49 AM
An absolute beauty Gail, fantastic colours - I've seen a few of these in Florida, but no shot I'm happy with yet. Next time its on the target list!

Although perfect work scenario would say the shadow isn't idea, its fairly minor in nature and depth, so given the far wing position, I'm going to plump for the first being that little bit stronger. That said, if you'd only presented the second I think you'd have had a lot of positive comments anyway

Mike

Robert Kimbrell
02-28-2019, 05:27 PM
Beautiful images Gail. Colors look great and you have a very nice background. I prefer #1 due to the wing position.