PDA

View Full Version : Theme Portrait Long-tailed broadbill

Debapratim Saha
02-26-2019, 08:18 AM
After years effort it was possible to get enough close to this elusive bird of foot hill Himalayan forest.
Thanks for looking,comments welcome.
D850,850mm,f7,1/1000s,ISO 800,HH from steep hill,had no scope to mount on tripod.

Isaac Grant
02-26-2019, 08:32 AM
Off the charts good. A total WOW photo for me. Beautiful fine feather details, perfect head angle and a beautiful background. Colors are perfect, not over saturated or over exposed. Has to be the best shot of this species I have seen. I know the bird well and have seen many of them in Thailand where they were quite common in certain areas. I even watched one for a long time going to and from a nest and feeding young. This was before my photography days but your beautiful photo brings back all of those memories like it was yesterday. This has to be the clear cut favorite to win the monthly theme. Just fantastic and your efforts and determination paid off.

Debapratim Saha
02-26-2019, 08:51 AM
Thank you Isaac for appreciating my post so candidly.
Off the charts good. A total WOW photo for me. Beautiful fine feather details, perfect head angle and a beautiful background. Colors are perfect, not over saturated or over exposed. Has to be the best shot of this species I have seen. I know the bird well and have seen many of them in Thailand where they were quite common in certain areas. I even watched one for a long time going to and from a nest and feeding young. This was before my photography days but your beautiful photo brings back all of those memories like it was yesterday. This has to be the clear cut favorite to win the monthly theme. Just fantastic and your efforts and determination paid off.

dankearl
02-26-2019, 11:26 AM
Feather details look like woven tapestry... excellent.

William Dickson
02-26-2019, 02:50 PM
Very nice...Really like the colours and feather detail you captured here. Good HA and BG colours show the bird well. Good work.

Will

Dorian Anderson
02-26-2019, 03:46 PM
Yes, this is fantastic. Nothing in North America can compete with that color! The feather detail is really lovely. Fully expect this to be mentioned at month's end.

Jim Crosswell
02-26-2019, 06:59 PM
Great details, IQ and colors in this beautiful image. BG matches the eye perfectly. Incredible image, congratulations!

annmpacheco
02-26-2019, 07:04 PM
Fantastic, I'd clean up the beak and call it a day, its wonderful!

John Mack
02-26-2019, 07:28 PM
The color on this bird is amazing. Great background with a nice pose. Details look great as well.

Ivan Sjogren
02-27-2019, 08:04 AM
Very well done Debapratim! The details are superb and the pose is as good as it gets. Nice background, compositon and colors.

Arthur Morris
02-27-2019, 10:55 AM
I've never seen this species alive but this one is frigging amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us here. SH & FFD are incredible.

with love, artie

Debapratim Saha
02-27-2019, 11:13 AM
Thanks a lot,was waiting for your appreciation.
I've never seen this species alive but this one is frigging amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us here. SH & FFD are incredible.

with love, artie

David Salem
02-27-2019, 11:13 AM
Wow!!

Arthur Morris
02-28-2019, 03:09 PM
Deba,

You can always e-mail me a link if I miss one of your images as I love looking at them.

with love, artie

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-07-2019, 03:23 PM
Beautiful Image. Love everything about this image.

TFS