PDA

View Full Version : Purple Gallinule

Raybel Robles
02-25-2019, 07:24 PM
I wish the feet were visible but it was imposible since this was in the grass by a river and the feet were hidden in the grass at all times, hopefully the colors make up for it!

Nikon D750
300mm f2.8 w/ 2x TC

ƒ/8.0
1/1250
ISO 500

dankearl
02-25-2019, 08:10 PM
I don't miss the feet, nice color and a sharp head.
I also like the habitat in the focal plane.
Not sure if this is oversaturated or the colors are correct as I don't really know the bird.

Jim Crosswell
02-25-2019, 08:26 PM
I like the running pose, colorful bird, eye contact, composition and low angle works for me. I'm fine with the missing feet. Very well done Ray.

Arthur Morris
02-25-2019, 09:21 PM
Count me in the no feet who cares club. Love the running pose. I think that this would benefit greatly from pulling the curve down a bit. Note; on my new laptop I can distinguish all the dark and light boxes! Hooray.

with love, artio

gail bisson
02-26-2019, 07:09 AM
Love this bird.
The image looks "hazy" and I agree that you need a levels and/or curves adjustment.
Great BG.
I do miss the feet a bit (or even one foot) because the feet are so big and they really add another level of interest.
I am not sure what you mean by your comment "PS. I dont know why some of the feathers created that effect when downsizing, do anyone knows how to avoid it?" Can you clarify?
Gail

Debapratim Saha
02-26-2019, 08:29 AM
Nice pose and beautiful colours here,lovely image.

Raybel Robles
02-26-2019, 08:39 AM
Love this bird.
The image looks "hazy" and I agree that you need a levels and/or curves adjustment.
Great BG.
I do miss the feet a bit (or even one foot) because the feet are so big and they really add another level of interest.
I am not sure what you mean by your comment "PS. I dont know why some of the feathers created that effect when downsizing, do anyone knows how to avoid it?" Can you clarify?
Gail

Hi Gail,

In my monitor I see a bit of moire effect (I think that's how its called), like little waves of colors in the top feathers like midway on the bird's back, it showed up after downsizing the image.

Thank you and Arthur for the suggestion on pulling the levels a bit.

Dorian Anderson
02-26-2019, 04:00 PM
The bird, color, shooting angle, and engagement are fantastic, but the chopped off feet kill this for me. This bird has those specially elongated toes, and it would have been awesome to see them. I am a conceded stickler
for feet and sharpness on them, so do take my critique with that caveat. This is still a really nice frame, Ray.

John Mack
02-26-2019, 07:33 PM
Really like this one. The low angle with the out of focus foreground and that great background makes this very nice. Pose is nice as well.