PDA

View Full Version : Barred Owl In Flight Take II

Juan Tolentino
02-23-2019, 05:34 PM
I captured this in Central Florida, from the same series previously posted, Nikon D850 Handheld and Nikkor 500mm f4 from a boat.

ISO 500
f5.6
1/3200
Manual Mode
Processed on LR and PS. Neat image for background noise reduction
Cropped Approx. 50%

Looking forward to your comments and critiques, they will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

JT

gail bisson
02-23-2019, 06:18 PM
Very nice Juan. Is this at Lake Blue Cypress? Was the owl called in?
Owl is nice and sharp and separated very nicely from the background. Wing position is excellent.
I find that the OOF diagonal branch that is touching the bird's left wingtip pulls my eye away from the owl. I would remove it or soften the edges.
Well done,
Gail

Arthur Morris
02-23-2019, 06:54 PM
Good job hand holding but a bit too much habitat for my taste.

with love, artie

dankearl
02-23-2019, 08:58 PM
The Owl looks great, sharp, a lot of DOF.
The BG is authentic but overpowering.
I would just desaturate enough to not look fake but you could take it down enough
to make the Owl more the focus.
I would be really happy with this photo....

Isaac Grant
02-23-2019, 10:02 PM
This is just great. Detailed and sharp and perfect exposure. I also do not mind the habitat at all. I think it looks perfect. These owls typically live in swamps and this shows the habitat perfectly for me. I would not change a single thing.

Joseph Przybyla
02-24-2019, 07:17 AM
Hi Juan, beautiful bird, great wing position, color and detail look good. A little more separation of the bird from the trees would have taken this over the top. It would be difficult to smooth it out but I might try if mine. Thank you for sharing.

Mike Poole
02-24-2019, 08:15 AM
Nailed this one Juan - did the flight path bring him parallel to you at all so he was evenly lit? I like the environment ion the shot

Mike

Juan Tolentino
02-24-2019, 08:43 AM
Nailed this one Juan - did the flight path bring him parallel to you at all so he was evenly lit? I like the environment ion the shot

Mike

Thank you for the comment Mike. No, never flew straight to me, this is one of the images with greater visibility of the left eye. I think I have one evenly lit on one side.

Juan Tolentino
02-24-2019, 08:51 AM
Very nice Juan. Is this at Lake Blue Cypress? Was the owl called in?
Owl is nice and sharp and separated very nicely from the background. Wing position is excellent.
I find that the OOF diagonal branch that is touching the bird's left wingtip pulls my eye away from the owl. I would remove it or soften the edges.
Well done,
Gail

Hi Gail, thank you for the comment. Yes, Blue Cypress Lake. Both male and female where already back into the woods and we were about to leave to another location, when we saw one coming out we knew the other one was about to do the same and we got ready. The second bird came out and I was able to get this series of sharp images.

John Mack
02-24-2019, 09:00 AM
Looks spot on. Like the pose,light and the enivironment here. Well done.

Krishna Prasad kotti
02-24-2019, 09:40 AM
Beautiful Shot. I hope to see them during my up coming Trip.

I do like this shot but I wish for cleaner background.

TFS

Jim Crosswell
02-24-2019, 06:04 PM
I like the flight angle, IQ, setting and composition works for me. Very good Juan.

Bill Dix
02-25-2019, 05:19 PM
Terrific shot. Good thinking to anticipate the flight of the second bird. I'm fine with the setting.

Juan Tolentino
02-25-2019, 11:06 PM
Thank you all for the C & C. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro