PDA

View Full Version : Theme Back-lit Hyena

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-21-2019, 11:17 PM
A hyena guards it's den at Tmbavati Reserve, SA.
5D III
500mm II L
1/640
f/6.3
ISO 800

greg cowle
02-23-2019, 06:54 AM
I like this a lot. Never had any luck personally getting a good shot of this species and probably look past many images because of that, but again, I like this a lot. Separation from the background is good, but still gives enough of the environment. Exposure with the lighting is great. I like that the shaded part of the face is dark, yet visible enough. That dried grass in front of the paw is unlucky. Well done.

Rachel Hollander
02-24-2019, 07:02 AM
Hi Sanjeev - A simple portrait of the hyena. Nice eye contact and relaxed pose. I do wish that the highlights around the face were not so bright but it's always tough to balance the hls and shadows for detail.

TFS,
Rachel

John Mack
02-24-2019, 09:24 AM
Like the backlight and the pose on the hyena. Details look very nice as well.

Gabriela Plesea
02-24-2019, 02:42 PM
Hello Sanjeev,

Cute youngster and I gather he was waiting for the adults to bring a morsel or two:S3: I quite like the pano here but would not mind to see a bit more all around if you decide to process another version.

Nice 3D feel to the image and the subject is sharp with good detail. The backlighting has a lovely effect but I would try tame the HL a bit, especially on the chest of the subject.

Love the pose and eye contact, nice POV. There's a faint blue cast in the FG, I would remove it.

Well seen and captured Sanjeev, a pleasure to view!

Kind regards,

Basil Dardagan
02-25-2019, 03:47 AM
I think you have done brilliantly to handle the extremes in light ! In my humble opinion the colour seems ever so slightly dull - perhaps that is due to the blue that Gabriela has mentioned

Jonathan Ashton
02-26-2019, 05:30 AM
I really like this well done. Some of the brightest highlights appear a little too bright - is it possible to reduce little - are they completely blown? Nevertheless an excellent shot.

haseeb badar
02-26-2019, 06:49 AM
Hi Doc -- A nice image with lovely details . The light seems a bit tricky but you have handled it quite well. The Hls are unfortunate but still you have done well enough in controlling it.

TFS !