PDA

View Full Version : American Robin Scouting For Drinks.

Daniel Cadieux
02-21-2019, 06:57 PM
These past couple of years I've been lucky finding American Robins in nice winter settings. This one was at water's edge for a while, looking down a lot, seemingly wondering if the water was any good to drink. It eventually did, but artistiscally I preferred this pose to the ones where it was doing the drinking (although that was far better for behaviour documentation obviously).

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld (lying prone on the ice).

John Mack
02-21-2019, 07:19 PM
Nice robin in a nice winter setting. Good view of the feet. Like how the bird is at the waters edge.

Arthur Morris
02-21-2019, 07:19 PM
Too sweet. Too good. I love the patterns in the ice.

with love, artie

dankearl
02-21-2019, 08:28 PM
Looks cold. looks like the Robin is surfing...

Isaac Grant
02-21-2019, 08:47 PM
Very nice image Dan. Excellent scenery for this Robin. I would just bump up the saturation a touch more.

Dorian Anderson
02-21-2019, 10:12 PM
Setting and low angle look great, Daniel! Ice adds interest, and I really like the detail on the feet. Saturation and blacks could each use a bit of a bump. Bird looks ever-so-slightly washed out as is.

Mike Poole
02-22-2019, 08:55 AM
Love this one Dan, with the winter look and all the ice patterns. I can't comment on the colours so to me it all looks spot on

Mike

Joseph Przybyla
02-22-2019, 09:01 AM
Lovely image, Dan. The winter setting is awesome, I can appreciate it from here in Florida. I think I concur with Dorian's suggestion to bump up the blacks but to be sure I would have to work with the image. I really like that the white rump of the bird still shows against the snow. Thank you for sharing.

William Dickson
02-22-2019, 04:23 PM
The colours on the Robin against that BG are wow. The white and grey coloured BG/FG really makes this one. I would bump the blacks a wee bit if the BG was darker, but here, as is, looks good to me. The slightly opened bill adds. Very nice overall.

Will

annmpacheco
02-23-2019, 10:03 AM
Well done Dan, the colors really pop against the stark BG. Sipping ice water gives this image more interest. Spring soon!