PDA

View Full Version : Sun tanning Salayexe

Peter Buntman
06-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Just love the envoronment around herand the side lighting from the sun.
This is salayexe and here she is 21 months old.
Taken in the Sabi sands game reserve south africa.
Canon 20D
70-200 F2.8 at 135mm
Exposure -1
F8
Flash Used

Roman Kurywczak
06-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi Peter,
One of 27,000!!! How do you chose??? Very nice use of flash as the sidelight wouldn't have been enough in this situation. Great eye contact and i do realize that this is the environment they live in........but the BG tree is a bit distracting for me and the white grasses to the right(probably enhanced by the flash) are also. I do realize the difficulties you face when photographing these beautiful subjects........unfortunately the distractions can not be ignored.

Robert Amoruso
06-30-2008, 07:37 AM
I like the golden sidelight and the fill-flash was just right to open up the shadows and still appear natural. Tree is unfortunately located near the head.

D. Robert Franz
06-30-2008, 07:51 AM
Love the comp. Some distracting elements in the BG are problematic.. Not crazy about the look of the leopard (almost sleepy). Sidelight handled well...

Sabyasachi Patra
06-30-2008, 11:23 AM
I have noted that you have shot at 135 mm. It is always a nice feeling when you find a subject so close but not disturbed by your presence. I know how difficult to locate a subject like a leopard. However, I agree with posts about the distractions. Nice use of flash.