PDA

View Full Version : Wood Lily

Bill Whitney
06-29-2008, 12:10 PM
We have a number of Wood lilies in our woods. Here is one captured this am.

Nikon D80
Sigma 150 Macro
tripod
remote release

iso400
f/5.6
1/180sec

All C&C appreciated

Ed Vatza
06-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi Bill,

This image looks very nice to me. I like the way the stem curves into the image. The background looks great. The color is spot on. And depth of field look real good for f/5.6. I like it a lot, Bill. Well done.

Steve Foss
06-29-2008, 01:29 PM
I agree with Ed on all counts. Very sweet! I like how the spotted lower portions of the petals peek sharp as a tack at the viewer. And that background just shouts LUSH! and SUMMER! The kind of image I'd sure love to be looking at up here in the Great White North in February to remind me of summer's fleeting beauty.

I would like to see about as much space to the right of the flower as there is on top. The flower is making such a strong reach for the sun, but also to the right, that I feel crowded just a little on its behalf.

A real beauty!

Julie Kenward
06-29-2008, 02:12 PM
That's a nice looking lily! Everything looks great but maybe just a little dead space off the top? Not much...just to bring the flower a more predominant place in the space of the image.

Everything else is sweet!

John Cooper
06-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Very nicely composed Bill - quite an interesting low perspective that you've chosen and the ultra sharp stamens make it pop for me. Agree about cropping a tad off the top, but lovely image as is!!!

Roman Kurywczak
06-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Bill,
this one certainly pops! If you have no more room right............then yes.........I'd crop a bit off the top. I like the perspective you chose and everything looks very well handled!