PDA

View Full Version : Theme Moluccan Cockatoo (c)

Joseph Przybyla
02-16-2019, 07:02 PM
This is another image from the parrot display at Gatorland in Orlando, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
1/250 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 800 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

dankearl
02-17-2019, 03:45 AM
Very nice..nice color BG, nice details, well crafted image.

John Mack
02-17-2019, 08:32 AM
The overall details look very nice. Also like the background.

Arthur Morris
02-18-2019, 06:53 AM
Killer good on all counts. Wonderful FFD in the whites. Where are the breeding plumage Great Head head shots???

with love, artie

Daniel Cadieux
02-18-2019, 07:50 PM
I love the friendly eye, and the finely weathered bill.

Jonathan Ashton
02-19-2019, 08:00 AM
A fine capture Jo. The eye looks good but I think you need a little more DOF, also the junction of the NR is apparent around the rime of the bird. A little luminosity masking would enhance the fine feather detail.

Joseph Przybyla
02-19-2019, 08:34 AM
A fine capture Jo. The eye looks good but I think you need a little more DOF, also the junction of the NR is apparent around the rime of the bird. A little luminosity masking would enhance the fine feather detail.

Hi Jonathan, thank you for viewing and commenting. As close as I was to this bird changing the aperture would have gained little in depth of field and moving away to gain more was not possible. There shouldn't be a junction of noise reduction at the rim of the bird because in my workflow I apply noise reduction to the whole image. I'll take a look at luminosity masking to see if more detail can be squeezed out. Thanks again, Jon.