PDA

View Full Version : Theme Taiwan Bamboo-Partridge (Taiwan)

Dorian Anderson
02-15-2019, 12:20 AM
Here is an up close and personal look at one of Taiwan's sneakiest endemics, the Taiwan Bamboo-Partridge. I caught up with this bird
outside Taipei at the end of 2017. There aren't many frames of this bird, and very few good ones, so I'm pretty stoked with this result.

The high key background results from shooting directly down the white gravel path across this bird unbelievable walked. I was obviously
on my stomach. It was well worth it.

Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II on EOS 5D Mark IV
1/160 at f/5.6, ISO 3200

Ivan Sjogren
02-15-2019, 03:51 AM
What a beautiful bird! Very well done capturing such a elusive and difficult species. I googled to see the whole bird and there was indeed not many other good photos, the one I liked the best was another one of yours haha.
Great exposure, nice feather details for the high ISO and perfect eye contact. I like the bright BG as it matches the grey feathers of the bird. I'm tempted to move the bird just a tad to the left because the eye is past the middle point as presented.

William Dickson
02-15-2019, 02:21 PM
Looking good....Love the detail, pose and HA. Great colours on a nice looking bird. Crop looks ok to me.

Will

John Mack
02-15-2019, 09:19 PM
Very neat looking bird. The high key treatment works very well here. Details look nice for the high ISO.

Colin Driscoll
02-15-2019, 11:09 PM
What a satisfying capture. I would be inclined to dodge under the chin to bring out those rich colors. Awesome bird.

Isaac Grant
02-18-2019, 11:40 PM
Really nice Dorian. Killer bird and you have great details. Only thing I would do is add a touch a blacks to the bird as it looks just ever so slightly thin on my monitor.