PDA

View Full Version : Dunlin

John Mack
02-13-2019, 05:10 PM
This image was created at Barnegat Jetty on 2/9/19 at 2:49PM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
451mm
ISO 400
f8.0
1/1600sec

Daniel Cadieux
02-13-2019, 07:43 PM
Looks great overall. I love all those greens and the mossy carpet. The dark shadow draws my eye more than I would like, but unless you could have got down lots more to hide there was not much to do there. I love sleeping poses with the eye open!

Juan Tolentino
02-13-2019, 08:10 PM
Really nice. Agree with Daniel. But, one more step from you to the left and a little down (can't tell if this was possible) would have rendered a stronger image. TFS.

Krishna Prasad kotti
02-13-2019, 08:15 PM
Live the Overall image. Contrasting background really helps.

I agree moving left would have made this image stronger..

Isaac Grant
02-13-2019, 11:23 PM
I guess you got this when you walked down to the edge of the jetty on the other side at low tide. I do like this pose when birds are resting but have an eye on you making sure you don't do anything they don't like. I like the greens and the background is nice. Like your crop as well. But this is just not as good as it could be. The image would be stronger if the light was lower in the sky and you did not have such a strong shadow on the rocks. Or if the bird was perched at the end of the rock so you did not see the shadow. Image quality is good but not great for me. I do not see enough fine feather details, especially in the wings.