PDA

View Full Version : Theme Juvenile snow goose

Stuart Edwards
02-10-2019, 12:53 PM
I was at a local snowgoose hotspot last november sitting on the ground, and this curious guy waddled over to check me out . He ended up coming so close i couldnt focus any more , something that doesnt happen often.
1dx markII
400 f5.6 + ex1.4III
f8 iso800

annmpacheco
02-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Hello Stuart, Well that is quite close! This close-up against the dark BG intensifies the juvenile's appearance. Delightfully interesting to appreciate the nooks and crannies ( reference to Thomas' English muffins) of the bill. I like the dried soil from field foraging etc, ... Also, I never noticed the stripe across the eyes before, so thanks. Overall some nice details on the face but such closeness gave you inevitable dof and focus fall off , which keeps me toggling back and forth. Great looking eye! I like it.

dankearl
02-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Detail on the bill is amazing...

Colin Driscoll
02-11-2019, 03:16 AM
Very fine detail, looks like it doesn't brush its teeth often! Love the head but as Ann says, pity about the loss of DOF. Double the iso next time and stop down.

Arthur Morris
02-11-2019, 09:59 AM
Sharp and well exposed with great detail and a suitable crop. Stopping down with that combo at 12 feet is not gonna get you any noticeable increase of the d-o-f ...

with love, artie

John Mack
02-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Detail is great here. The pose and light are nice. Maybe a touch more room below the bill. Still very nice.