PDA

View Full Version : Nests on every level... Squabbles ensue...

David Roach
02-09-2019, 10:55 PM
EOS R EF100-400 I 150mm f8 1/2700 ISO 400
Can you spot the interloper?

Ivan Sjogren
02-10-2019, 08:33 AM
Nice shot David. It is very well exposed and I can see nice details in the whites and blacks. The image is a bit busy for me and the branch intersecting with the neck is a bit distracting. Good composition with the nesting bird in the BG though

John Mack
02-10-2019, 08:35 AM
Details on the white look good. Typical of a nest setting. Light looks alright. The pose on the bird is nice.

gail bisson
02-10-2019, 10:22 AM
This is way too cluttered for me. I have never been a fan of rookery shoots because of this. There is lots of interesting behavior at a rookery but it can rarely be captured in an aesthetically pleasing way- unless the action is at the top of the rookery allowing for a cleaner image.
The intersecting branch by the neck is distracting.
I think the partial view of the eggs is way more interesting than the barely visible anhinga in RLC.
Sorry David, but this image would be a delete for me:tinysmile_shy_t:

Arthur Morris
02-11-2019, 10:09 AM
I like the pose and the way you handled the subject. The clutter is where this nest is so ... What really bugs me is the greyed out Wood Stork in the URC. Did you try to tone that one down?

with love, artie

David Roach
02-11-2019, 10:37 AM
I like the pose and the way you handled the subject. The clutter is where this nest is so ... What really bugs me is the greyed out Wood Stork in the URC. Did you try to tone that one down?

with love, artie
Nope. It's like that in the raw file. I did include that nest for composition as Ivan noticed. I went for the box crop to have the angle of "agitation/conflict" on one diagonal and the two nests on the other. In fact, I brightened the entire image a little more than I wanted to lighten that grey. Should have selectively brightened that area. You can see the same thing on the far wing of the wood stork.

arash_hazeghi
02-14-2019, 04:58 AM
too clustered for me too :S3: