PDA

View Full Version : Eye To Eye...

Joseph Przybyla
02-09-2019, 08:10 PM
Same bird and fish as in my previous post. Image captured at Gatorland in Orlando, Florida. I struggled to find a crop that felt good, finally settling on a 4x5. I captured the images in horizontal because the bird was constantly moving and flipping and poking at the fish. I knew I would only use the front portion of the bird in the image. The grassy slope and lake shore did not add anything to the image. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 230mm
1/3200 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 720 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reductioin
Cropped for composition and presentation

David Roach
02-09-2019, 11:12 PM
Love the details right where the action is and the crop. Great eyes on both. Is that something close in the foreground causing the darkness at top? TFS

Joseph Przybyla
02-10-2019, 07:00 AM
Love the details right where the action is and the crop. Great eyes on both. Is that something close in the foreground causing the darkness at top? TFS

Hi David, thank you for viewing and commenting. The darkness at the top of the frame is a reflection in shadows of trees and bushes on the opposite shore of the pond.

John Mack
02-10-2019, 08:38 AM
You have a good fish angle. Sounds like this was quite fun to shoot. The crop works for me.

Ivan Sjogren
02-10-2019, 08:39 AM
Great capture! Nice to see the eye on the fish and that it is still whole, very beautiful. The blue in the BG is very nice and complimenting to the white. The dark parts in the BG did seems to be something in the foreground as it intersects with the shadowed part of the neck. Maybe brightening the neck a bit would make the bird stand out more? Anyway, greatly exposed and good details.

Joseph Przybyla
02-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.