PDA

View Full Version : A short Flight

Robert Kimbrell
02-06-2019, 07:04 PM
I have not posted in so long, and have spent much time away from the beaches due to the continuing red tide problems in South West Florida I finally made it out last weekend and was pretty happy to find a Reddish Egret. This was taken at 7:25 am on Saturday morning, with cloud cover.
1DX 600f4
1/1250, F4.5, ISO 1600

Paul Burdett
02-07-2019, 12:05 AM
HI Robert. I like the composition and the head, eye and bill are sharp. The water droplets add a nice touch. The background compliments well but is a little noisy (on my monitor). I do find the bluish tinge on top of the wings a little distracting, as is the blue background spot on the wing on the right side about half way from the tip. TFS

gail bisson
02-07-2019, 07:22 AM
Lovely pose.
I see they have banded this guy- at least there is no antenna on him like the other white morph!
Whites look great .
A bit more NR in the BG would be nice.
Gail

Arthur Morris
02-07-2019, 11:42 AM
Good to see you back. Actually there was some great bird photography at Fort DS during the height of the red tide there (that was not too bad ...) This one is lovely. The hint of the darker wave bugs me a bit ...

with love, artie

John Mack
02-07-2019, 06:25 PM
Pretty nice frame of this white morph. The pose is nice and also like the trailing water. Neat the bird is banded.

Dorian Anderson
02-07-2019, 10:45 PM
Exposure and spread wings are lovely, but the image isn't quite there on sharpness and the underwings look a bit smeared. Still a nice flight result though....

Daniel Cadieux
02-08-2019, 12:11 PM
I love the the take off pose, spread wings, and composition. BG could use a touch of NR from my end as well. Nice to see a post from you!!